Learn how to confront the evil of domestic abuse with Pastor and Biblical Counselor Chris Moles, author of the book “The Heart of Domestic Abuse”. Pastor and author Jeremy Pierre portrays “Travis”, the counselee. Pierre creates a challenging portrait of an abuser, one who you might never expect. This approach helps illustrate the difficulty for those who encounter abuse for the first time.
Advocate Joy Forrest joins Craig and Darci Marshall of IBCD to round out the case, demonstrating the team-based approach that is imperative for handling the difficulty of abuse dynamics. Post-session debriefs and roundtable discussion also walk viewers through the development of the case. Our prayer is that this practical ministry training will help you grow in your response to domestic abuse, and respond with the heart of Christ toward those who are hurting.
For further guidance and resources, consider the accompanying handbook. View a sample here.
Related free resources are also listed below.
• What is Domestic Violence? by Chris Moles
• The Heart of Domestic Violence by Chris Moles
• Victim Care by Chris Moles
• The Impact of Abuse on Children by Chris Moles
• Counseling Controlling Husbands by Chris Moles
• Hope+Help Podcast Interview with Joy Forrest
• Hope+Help Podcast Interview with Chris Moles
• CDC Podcast Interview with Chris Moles and Craig Marshall
• Hope + Help for Identifying Abuse with Darby Strickland
• Hope + Help for Intimacy & Past Abuse with Nate Brooks and Anna Mondal
• The Shape of Oppression (Part 1 & 2) by Ann Maree Goudzwaard
• Covert Patriarchy (4-Part Series) by Nate Brooks
• Confronting the Winsome, Manipulative Husband by Greg Gifford
• Educating Your Elders About Abuse by Jim Newheiser
• Called to Peace Book Review by Rachel Cain
• Help[Her] Book Review by Rachel Cain