Legacy Conference: Faithfulness through Generations of One Another Care
June 25-26, 2021
Join us for the 2021 IBCD Virtual Training Institute, where we will reflect on the legacy of the biblical counseling movement.
God’s faithfulness has grown the biblical counseling movement into what it is today. Not only have decades of committed Christ-followers labored to shape and refine what one-another care looks like in modern contexts, God is equipping a new generation of men and women to continue the good work of restoring counseling to the local church.
We invite you to join us in reflecting on the legacy of the biblical counseling movement during our 2021 virtual conference. With speakers including Dr. Jim Newheiser, Caroline Newheiser, Dr. Don Roy, Milton Vincent, Dr. Nate Brooks, and Dr. Scott Mehl, we’ll consider the movement’s past, its foundational principals, as well as our hope for growth in the future.
REGISTRATION IS NOW CLOSED. THANK YOU TO EVERYONE WHO JOINED US THIS YEAR!
ALL TIMES ARE LISTED AS EASTERN STANDARD TIME (EST).
1:00pm (10:00am PST) General Session 1: The Legacy of Sola Scriptura Jim Newheiser
2:00pm (11:00am PST) Break
2:10pm (11:10am PST) Workshop 1
- David Powlison Power Encounters: Reclaiming Spiritual Warfare, part 1 of 2
- Nate Brooks The History of Biblical Counseling, part 1 of 3
- Jim and Caroline Newheiser Counseling as a Couple
- Scott Mehl Love is a Choice, an Action, and an Affection
- Don Roy ACBC Test Prep, part 1 of 4
3:10pm (12:10pm PST) Break
3:20pm (12:20pm PST) Workshop 2
- George Scipione Necessity of Individualized Counseling
- Nate Brooks The History of Biblical Counseling, part 2 of 3
- Jay Adams Principles and Practices, part 1 of 2
- Don Roy ACBC Test Prep, part 2 of 4
4:20pm (1:20pm PST) Break
4:30pm (1:30pm PST) General Session 2: Be Transformed Milton Vincent
5:30pm (2:30pm PST) Break
5:40pm (2:40pm PST) Workshop 3
- David Powlison Power Encounters: Reclaiming Spiritual Warfare, part 2 of 2
- Nate Brooks The History of Biblical Counseling, part 3 of 3
- Jay Adams Principles and Practices, part 2 of 2
- Don Roy ACBC Test Prep, part 3 of 4
- Jim Newheiser Biblical Decision Making
6:40pm (3:40pm PST) Dismiss
10:30am (7:30am PST) General Session 3: The Fear of the Lord is the Beginning of Counseling George Scipione
11:30am (8:30am PST) Break
11:40am (8:40am PST) Workshop 4
- Milton Vincent A Transformation Mindset
- Don Roy ACBC Test Prep, part 4 of 4
- Scott Mehl Restoring Counseling to the Church
- Caroline Newheiser When Words Matter Most
12:40pm (9:40am PST) Break
1:45pm (10:45am PST) General Session 4: The Art of Counseling Scott Mehl
2:45pm (11:45am PST) Dismiss