About the Episode
In this episode of the Hope + Help Podcast, host Christine Chappell interviews author Christina Fox about her book, A Holy Fear: Trading Lesser Fears for the Fear of the Lord. Some of the questions addressed in this interview are:
• What are some of the different words (and their respective meanings) that the Bible uses to talk about fear?
• What are three particular kinds of common fear experiences?
• What does it mean to “trade lesser fears for the Fear of the Lord” and what does that look like, practically-speaking?
• What does the Bible mean when it speaks about “fear of the Lord?”
• How does reflecting on the nature of God, who he is, and what he has done help us to grow in fear of the Lord?
• What are some of the promises that God graciously offers to those who fear him?
About the Guest
Christina Fox received her Master’s in counseling from Palm Beach Atlantic University. She is a blogger, writer, and retreat speaker. She writes for a number of Christian ministries and websites, including Ligonier, The Gospel Coalition, and Revive Our Hearts. She serves on the PCA’s National Women’s Ministry Team and is the editor of their ministry blog, enCourage (enCourage.pcacdm.org). Christina is also the author of numerous books, including Sufficient Hope: Gospel Meditations and Prayers for Weary Moms, A Heart Set Free: A Journey to Hope through the Psalms of Lament, and Tell God How You Feel: Helping Kids with Hard Emotions.
Fear—it’s something we all experience. Fears about the future, an illness, or what others might think about us can rule our hearts and steal our joy. Did you know, though, that the Bible commands Christians to fear?
Believers are to fear the Lord. But what does that mean? In A Holy Fear, Christina Fox unpacks what the ‘fear of the Lord’ means and what it looks like in our lives. By giving examples of such fear in the Bible, exploring the fruits of that fear in our lives, and uncovering God’s promises to those who fear Him, this book will help you disarm your lesser fears, applying what you learn to your heart and turning to a fear of the Lord.
About the Podcast
The Hope + Help Podcast offers interviews with seasoned biblical counseling professionals and ministry leaders on a variety of topics regarding life’s challenging problems. Listeners can expect to receive biblical wisdom as well as practical steps for facing suffering, struggling, and sin with courage and grace. Hosted by author/writer Christine M. Chappell.