Pre-Conference | Feelings and Faith
Emotions are a vital part of what it means to be a human being made in the image of God and redeemed in Jesus Christ. But often our emotions confuse and mislead us. So what is the proper place for emotions in a Christian’s walk of faith?
From his book, Feelings and Faith, Brian Borgman draws from his extensive biblical knowledge and his pastoral experience to help readers understand both divine and human emotions. After laying a biblical foundation he moves on to practical application, focusing on how Christians can put to death ungodly emotional displays and also cultivate godly emotions.
These biblically informed, practical talks will be helpful for pastors, counselors, and serious-minded Christians who wish to develop a full-orbed faith that encompasses their emotional life.
2020 | Friendship
Friendship: A Lost Theology for One-Another Care
Join us for the 2020 IBCD Training Institute, where we will seek to recover a theology of friendship in all the richness these relationships deserve.
In the church, we can sometimes focus so heavily on marriage and family that an imbalance is created. Singles often struggle for community, and those who experience difficult relationships with spouses, parents, and siblings can feel isolated.
An overemphasis on the biological family eclipses the truth that God does not mean for loneliness and connection to be answered through marriage alone, but also in close friendships.
Scripture talks about friends who “love at all times” (Prov 17:17) and the help of “a friend who sticks closer than a brother.” (Prov 18:24) “Jesus wept” over the death of his friend, Lazarus (John 11:11, 35). He describes his disciples, those he invested in and depended on; as friends (John 15:15). We see how “Greater love has no one than this, that someone lay down his life for his friends.” (John 15:13)
Churches looking to better foster a culture of one-another care must cherish and invest in real friendships. They are critical for the kind of long-term counseling that everyone should be engaged in as part of close relationship (Prov 27:6-10).
We need to teach, encourage, and model Christian friendship.
Rates & Dates
11/8/19 – 5/11/20
5/12/20 – 6/18/20
Six or more people receive a $25 discount per person. There are two ways to receive group discounts:
1. Either one person registers the whole group (the discount is automatically applied at checkout). Simply select the number of attendees that wish to attend as a group and proceed.
2. Or email firstname.lastname@example.org to be manually registered
Supporting Church Benefits
Varying with your tier level, Supporting Churches receive 2-6 free registrations, along with a $25 discount for all active members. This discount will appear when logged in as a Supporting member.
Email email@example.com to inquire about these benefits.
Are you a student or have you served in the military? Apply Now!
- A La Carte Options – after clicking ‘Register Now’ you will be able to choose the number of sessions you wish to attend. Additional sessions can be purchased on site during the conference.
- Group discounts may not be combined with the Student/Military Discount.
- Group discounts are available to individuals who have not yet registered.
- Group discounts not valid with Day Pass Options
- Registration prices are available through 11:59pm PST of the deadline date.
- Refunds will be processed (less a $20 admin fee) through June 9th, 2020, after which no refunds will be processed. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Schedule & More Info
Browse All Workshop Topics & Speakers
Slides, Printable Posters & Advertisements
If you would like promotional packs shipped to you please contact email@example.com with your request.
San Diego International Airport (40 mi. from venue)
McClellan-Palomar Airport (12 mi. from venue)