Pre-Conference | Feelings and Faith
Emotions are a vital part of what it means to be a human being made in the image of God and redeemed in Jesus Christ. But often our emotions confuse and mislead us. So what is the proper place for emotions in a Christian’s walk of faith?
From his book, Feelings and Faith, Brian Borgman draws from his extensive biblical knowledge and his pastoral experience to help readers understand both divine and human emotions. After laying a biblical foundation he moves on to practical application, focusing on how Christians can put to death ungodly emotional displays and also cultivate godly emotions.
These biblically informed, practical talks will be helpful for pastors, counselors, and serious-minded Christians who wish to develop a full-orbed faith that encompasses their emotional life.
Location: Cornerstone Fellowship Bible Church – Riverside, CA
Date: Thursday June 25th, 2020
2020 | Friendship
Friendship: A Lost Theology for One-Another Care
Cornerstone Fellowship Bible Church – Riverside, CA
June 25-27, 2020
Join us for the 2020 IBCD Training Institute, where we will seek to recover a theology of friendship in all the richness these relationships deserve.
In the church, we can sometimes focus so heavily on marriage and family that an imbalance is created. Singles often struggle for community, and those who experience difficult relationships with spouses, parents, and siblings can feel isolated.
An overemphasis on the biological family eclipses the truth that God does not mean for loneliness and connection to be answered through marriage alone, but also in close friendships.
Scripture talks about friends who “love at all times” (Prov 17:17) and the help of “a friend who sticks closer than a brother.” (Prov 18:24) “Jesus wept” over the death of his friend, Lazarus (John 11:11, 35). He describes his disciples, those he invested in and depended on; as friends (John 15:15). We see how “Greater love has no one than this, that someone lay down his life for his friends.” (John 15:13)
Churches looking to better foster a culture of one-another care must cherish and invest in real friendships. They are critical for the kind of long-term counseling that everyone should be engaged in as part of close relationship (Prov 27:6-10).
We need to teach, encourage, and model Christian friendship.
Rates & Dates
12/16/19 – 3/15/20
3/16/20 – 6/23/20
|At the Door|
Six or more people receive a 10% discount off the order. To process a group discount, one person must register the whole group and the discount will automatically be applied at checkout. Simply select the number of attendees that wish to attend as a group and proceed. Unfortunately, we cannot offer manual group registration under any circumstances.
Supporting Church Benefits
Varying with your tier level, Supporting Churches receive 2-6 free registrations, along with a 25% discount for all active members. This discount will appear when logged in as a Supporting member.
Email email@example.com to inquire about these benefits.
Are you a student or have you served in the military? Apply Now!
- Session Pass Options – after clicking ‘Register Now’ you will be able to choose the number of sessions you wish to attend. A Session Pass may be used for admittance to a General Session or a Workshop Session. You may select up to 10 sessions to purchase.
- Session Passes are not available for any Pre-Conference sessions.
- Group discounts may not be combined with neither the Student Discount, Military Discount, nor the Supporting Church Discount.
- Group discounts are only available to individuals who have not yet registered.
- Group discounts are not valid with Session Pass options.
- Registration prices are available through 11:59pm EST of the deadline date.
- Refunds will be processed (less a $50 admin fee) through May 25th, 2020, after which no refunds will be processed. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Registration closes 2 days before the conference at 11:59 am CST. After that point, registrations are available at the door.
Schedule & More Info
Browse All Workshop Topics & Speakers
Please email email@example.com for an Exhibitor Kit and more information!
Slides, Printable Posters & Advertisements
Flyers & Inserts
If you would like promotional packs shipped to you please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with your request.
List of Restaurants