PART-TIME JOB POSITION
Originally founded in 1982 as CCEF West, The Institute for Biblical Counseling & Discipleship exists to strengthen churches in one-another care through training resources and events. For decades, we have worked to evaluate the impact of psychological counseling on Christianity and advocate a fully biblical counseling model. We believe this happens in the context of the local church as pastors are shepherds entrusted with soul care (1 Peter 5:1,4; Hebrews 13:17). We exist to serve churches, organizations, and individuals who want to see believers equipped to counsel one another through life’s struggles with the Word of God. IBCD operates under the leadership of Executive Director Jim Newheiser. Dr. Newheiser is also the Director of the Christian Counseling Program at Reformed Theological Seminary Charlotte.
- IBCD strengthens the church in one-another care through two main avenues:
- Equipping through Events
- Equipping through Resources
- For more information, please visit www.ibcd.org/aboutus
IBCD is looking for a part-time Office Administrator to support the varied work of our operations in Charlotte, NC. This position offers experience in a non-profit organization with an emphasis in church ministry. This key role will coordinate with other IBCD staff and volunteers to maintain a professional experience as well as assisting with many supportive and logistical tasks essential to the ongoing ministry of IBCD. This role is imperative for IBCD’s organization and effectiveness, assisting with administrative tasks related to development of content, training events, and office structure. The Office Administrator will anticipate needs for the IBCD team and execute team plans. Reporting directly to the Director of Operations, the Office Administrator will be an essential support to the mission of IBCD.
Responsibilities may include:
- Maintain IBCD Calendar
- Manage office organization, including inventory and supplies purchases
- Book travel for events and conferences
- Proof read blogs, website posts, etc.
- Organize and maintain IBCD files in DropBox
- Anticipate needs of the organization
- Help handle event related calls and emails
- Assist various event planning tasks as assigned
- Assist with logistical event support
- Assist with event registration data
- Order approved event resources (notebooks, signs, etc)
- Anticipate needs
- Order products, promotional materials, shipping materials, etc.
- Maintain inventory, consulting the team when inventory is low
- Shipping and fulfilling IBCD orders
Finances & Supporting Data
- Budget balancing
- Expense reporting
- Return phone calls
- Password changes
- Manage refunds
- Intake and processing of Care & Discipleship Certificate Exams
- Manage Help Scout (assign relevant emails)
- Help with Supporting Church Administration
- Phone calls
- Minor website organization
- Field concerns
- Anticipate needs
This position is part-time (averaging 15 hours per week). It also offers considerable flexibility, including the ability to work from home for many tasks. Office hours may often be limited to inventory and shipping needs, usually 2-3 times per week. The office is located conveniently in downtown Matthews, NC. Much of the staff now lives in North Carolina and the team meets regularly online via Slack and video conference calls. The Director of Operations will offer training for the position, in person, in Matthews, NC. Specific tasks and responsibilities will evolve as needed.
Our hope is that the person who fills this role brings an enthusiasm about church ministry and biblical counseling and can help further IBCD’s mission of helping people with the Word of God.
General requirements include:
- Friendly and professional customer service skills
- Positive attitude, with a willingness to problem-solve
- Ability to manage inventory and ensure prompt, accurate shipping
- Some prior assistant or office work
- Familiarity with PCs and/or Mac
- High level of competency in Microsoft Office and other data processing
- Detail oriented and well organized
- Independent worker interested in learning
- Familiarity with biblical counseling and theology
- Member in good standing at a local church
$15 / hour. This part-time position is not eligible for benefits.
Please submit your resume along with references to firstname.lastname@example.org.