About the Episode
In this episode of the Hope + Help Podcast, host Christine Chappell interviews author Dave Jenkins about his book, The Word Explored: The Problem of Biblical Illiteracy and What to Do About It. Some of the questions addressed in this interview are:
– What is biblical illiteracy and why is it a problem for Christians?
– Why do you think Christians sometimes struggle to consistently spend time in God’s word?
– What can we do when cognitive limitations impair our ability to spend time reading the Scriptures?
– What is the role of the Holy Spirit and how does his ministry work through the Scriptures?
– What are some practical ways Christians can become more purposeful in how they engage with Sunday sermons, especially when they struggle to connect with what the Pastor is preaching on?
– What role does Christian community play in developing biblical literacy?
About the Guest
Dave Jenkins (MDiv, Liberty Baptist Theological Seminary) is the executive director of Servants of Grace Ministries, the executive editor of Theology for Life Magazine, and the host of the Equipping You in Grace Podcast and Warriors of Grace Podcast. He is also the author of The Word Explored: The Problem of Biblical Illiteracy and What to Do About It (House to House Press, 2021). You can follow him on Twitter at @davejjenkins, find him on Facebook at Dave Jenkins SOG, Instagram, or read more of his writing at Servants of Grace.
About the Book
THE WORD EXPLORED: THE PROBLEM OF BIBLICAL ILLITERACY AND WHAT TO DO ABOUT IT
In The Word Explored, Dave Jenkins examines the problem of biblical illiteracy and helps readers learn the basics of Bible reading, church membership, and how the local Church should function under the Word reminding us that believing the right things is not enough, we need to move into obedience to the Word that we claim to believe, in every area of the Christian life and ministry.
About the Podcast
The Hope + Help Podcast offers interviews with seasoned biblical counseling professionals and ministry leaders on a variety of topics regarding life’s challenging problems. Hosted by IBCD Outreach Director Christine M. Chappell.
Related Resources from IBCD
- The Necessity of the Word in Counseling (Voddie Baucham)
- Biblical Literacy: Developed or Assumed? (Chelsey Gordon)
- How Thick is Your Bible? (Jim Newheiser)