About the Episode
In this episode of the Hope + Help Podcast, host Christine Chappell interviews Paul Tautges about his book, When Disability Hits Home: How God Magnifies his Grace in Our Weakness and Suffering. Some of the questions addressed in this interview are:
• When it comes to disability, why is the question “Whose fault is it?” inherently theological in nature?
• How can we think biblically about God’s providence in relation to our child’s or loved one’s disability?
• What can we know about how God means to work through those who have a disability?
• How do the Scriptures help us to think about birth defects and disabilities discovered while an unborn baby is developing?
• What does it mean to be “dependent by design, disabled on purpose?”
• How does God use disability to magnify his grace by employing it to complete the church?
• How does the hope and help of Jesus Christ encourage someone when disability hits home?
About the Guest
Paul Tautges, DMin, serves as senior pastor of Cornerstone Community Church in Mayfield Heights, Ohio. He is also a biblical counselor and has written or edited over 50 books. Paul has been married to Karen since 1986. Together they enjoy their ten children and their spouses as well as a growing tribe of grandchildren.
About the Book
A book to nurture practical faith in people who are directly or indirectly affected by disability.
In disability, the heart of man becomes tethered to pain, thereby providing an unusual opportunity for God’s grace to be magnified and faith is trained to be dependent upon the Lord. In this book, written with compassion and sensitivity, Paul Tautges, with Joni Eareckson Tada, draws upon key biblical principles to nurture faith. Book also includes a Study & Discussion guide.
About the Podcast
The Hope + Help Podcast offers interviews with seasoned biblical counseling professionals and ministry leaders on a variety of topics regarding life’s challenging problems. Hosted by IBCD Outreach Director Christine M. Chappell. Listeners can subscribe on major streaming platforms such as Apple Podcasts, Spotify, Soundcloud, & iHeart.