About the Episode
In this episode of the Hope + Help Podcast, Christine Chappell interviews Jim Newheiser about his book, Money, Debt, and Finances: Critical Questions and Answers. Some of the questions addressed in this interview are:
• How do the Scriptures inform the way we view money?
• How do the Scriptures inform the goals we set for money management and budgeting?
• What practical wisdom can be offered to someone who needs to make a higher income?
• Does God want his people to be rich?
• Is it sinful to incur debt or borrow money?
• What does the Bible teach about personal savings?
• How does money serve to point to the gospel of Jesus Christ?
About the Guest
Dr. Jim Newheiser (MA, DMin, Westminster Theological Seminary) is director of the Christian Counseling program and associate professor of practical theology at Reformed Theological Seminary in Charlotte. He a fellow of the Association of Certified Biblical Counselors (ACBC) and a board member of the Fellowship of Independent Reformed Evangelicals.
About the Book
MONEY, DEBT, & FINANCES: CRITICAL QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS • In an accessible Q&A format, biblical counselor and former financial consultant Jim Newheiser presents financial wisdom that is grounded in faithful biblical exegesis and rooted in sound theology. How can you create and balance a budget? How can you get out of debt? What insurance do you need? He answers these questions and more, providing a go-to resource for laypeople and those who counsel them.
Related Books by Jim Newheiser:
About the Podcast
The Hope + Help Podcast offers interviews with seasoned biblical counseling professionals and ministry leaders on a variety of topics regarding life’s challenging problems. Listeners can expect to receive biblical wisdom as well as practical steps for facing suffering, struggling, and sin with courage and grace. Hosted by author/writer Christine M. Chappell.
Related Resources from IBCD
- General Principals About Money (Jim Newheiser)
- Helping People with a Difficult Financial Past (Jim Newheiser)
- Spend Money Wisely (Jim Newheiser)
- Prepare for Your Financial Future—Save (Jim Newheiser)
- Ask the Counselor: Finance Edition with Jim Newheiser (Facebook Video Recording)