About the Episode
• What does it feel like to have a panic attack? Why do some people get them?
• What does helpful care and support look like when someone is having a panic attack? What is unhelpful to say in the midst of an attack?
• What are realistic expectations for breaking free from debilitating cycles of fear?
• What can it look like to disciple someone who experiences panic attacks?
• When is it appropriate to get help for panic attacks, and what can “getting help” look like?
• How can God use our battles against panic to mature us as believers in Christ?
About the Guest
Dr. Lucy Ann Moll is an ACBC certified counselor on staff with Biblical Counseling Center. Since 2008, she has video-counseled women and families worldwide. She earned her doctorate in biblical counseling in 2020 and writes articles at LucyAnnMoll.com.
Help! I Get Panic Attacks • Panic attacks are terrifying, as author Lucy Ann Moll knows only too well. But she has found hope for overcoming panic, and she longs to help others find the peace of God which comes through the Prince of Peace who conquers fear. Here she looks at the origin of our fears, why we suffer panic attacks, and how we can, with the help God provides, overcome the cycle of fear.
About the Podcast
The Hope + Help Podcast offers interviews with seasoned biblical counseling professionals and ministry leaders on a variety of topics regarding life’s challenging problems. Listeners can expect to receive biblical wisdom as well as practical steps for facing suffering, struggling, and sin with courage and grace. Hosted by author/writer Christine M. Chappell.