Subscribe and Stream On: Apple Podcast • Spotify • iHeart Radio • Soundcloud • Pandora • Amazon Music • Stitcher
About the Episode
In this episode of the Hope + Help Podcast, host Christine Chappell interviews Katie Faris about her book, God is Still Good: Gospel Hope and Comfort for the Unexpected Sorrows of Motherhood. Some of the questions addressed in this interview are:
• Why is it helpful for a mother to take the time to grieve her unexpected sorrows?
• How does lament help moms to process their pain while they wait on God for help?
• How can a mom honestly address her grief-laden questions in a way that builds—not breaks—her faith?
• Which truths about God’s character can help moms to process their difficult questions or discouraging doubts?
• How might a mom engage her anxiety in the midst of unexpected sorrow?
• How can a mom identify and address the discontentment she feels in response to her unexpected sorrows?
• What are some practical steps a mom can take today if she’s feeling overwhelmed or discouraged?
About the Guest
Katie Faris (BA, Grove City College) is the author of He Will Be Enough: How God Takes You by the Hand Through Your Hardest Days and Loving My Children: Embracing Biblical Motherhood and a contributing writer to several blogs including the Gospel Coalition and Risen Motherhood. A pastor’s wife and mother to five, Katie lives with her family in New Jersey. To learn more about Katie’s resources and to access her free 5-day devotional for moms, visit katiefaris.com.
About the Book
God is Still Good: Gospel Hope and Comfort for the Unexpected Sorrows of Motherhood
Each mother’s story is unique. While motherhood brings joy and love, it can also bring pain and heartache. It’s often different than expected and it can be hard to know where to turn when difficulty and loneliness rise up. God Is Still Good: Gospel Hope and Comfort for the Unexpected Sorrows of Motherhood invites women to experience God’s comfort and leads moms to put their hope in Christ, despite the unexpected trials of raising children.
Katie Faris knows well the challenges of parenting. As a mother of 5, she has experienced the trials of motherhood but also knows the comfort of our Savior, Jesus. Through 9 chapters, God Is Still Good offers a biblical context for suffering and hope, answers common questions, and addresses prevalent temptations and lies that mothers are likely to face.
About the Podcast
The Hope + Help Podcast offers interviews with seasoned biblical counseling professionals and ministry leaders on a variety of topics regarding life’s challenging problems. Hosted by IBCD Outreach Director Christine M. Chappell. Listeners can subscribe on major streaming platforms such as Apple Podcasts, Spotify, Soundcloud, & iHeart.